Currently accepting applications
Learn the fundamentals of software programming and testing skills using Java and Java-based frameworks to prepare you for one of today’s most in-demand careers!
Fundamentals of Programming
Geared towards entry-level candidates, the first six weeks of the training will begin with core java development after an introduction to programming, test-driven development and the role of quality assurance.
Become Familiar with Web Applications
Learn Test Automation
The last six weeks of training focuses on test automation to cover test processes from design to deployment. You’ll practice using
Selenium with TestNG to cover UI Testing, Postman for API Testing, as well as Jenkins and API test automation tools to generate integration tests.
You may qualify to become an ActivateWork IT Learner if you:
- Are aged 18 or older
- Have a High School diploma, equivalent, or higher
- Are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Live within commutable distance of the advertised Per Scholas Site
- Can read, write and speak in English
- Can attend classes full-time for the entire duration of the course
- Are able to start a full-time job after course completion
- Ready to make an important commitment to building your future
- Are fully vaccinated In-person courses only
*Women, youth, unemployed, underemployed and U.S. Veterans strongly encouraged to apply
1. Submit an Eligibility Form.
2. Admissions Overview: Once you submit an Eligibility Form, you’ll be directed to our Admissions Overview registration page. During this virtual webinar, you’ll learn more about our admissions process and next steps.
3. Assessments: Each training requires either an academic assessment, tech assessment, or both. Information will be provided in detail at the Admissions Overview.
4. Interview: Individuals who meet the assessment score requirements will be invited to attend a behavioral interview.
5. Background Check: Per Scholas believes technology can create opportunities and is committed to ensuring applicants are set up to succeed beyond the training program. Using a fair and efficient platform through Checkr, applicants will receive a secure link, provide the necessary virtual consents and complete the required screening information. Background check results will be provided to both the applicant and Per Scholas.
6. Offer Letter: The Admissions team will review assessment scores and interview results and offer seats to eligible candidates.
Please note, this application process is very competitive and not all applicants will be accepted for our limited slots.
Dates: February 22 – July 1, 2022
Length: 18 Weeks
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9am-4pm
Cost of Living Scholarship
So, you love the idea of this training program and love that it is tuition-free, but maybe you’re unsure how you’ll be able to support yourself or your family while you’re enrolled in this rigorous full-time bootcamp. You may qualify for the ActivateWork Cost of Living Scholarship to cover some of your expenses during the program up to $3,000. *Amounts may vary depending on eligibility factors.
Q: What kind of jobs can I get after completing the Desktop Support course?
A: This course will prepare learners for early-career roles as a Tech Support Representative, Help Desk Associate, IT Specialist, and more! Average base salaries start at $40,000+
Q: How can this course be free?
A: Most people who learn about us think: “Too good to be true.” We know it seems that way, but it’s true. Our services are provided at no cost to you, using funds we raise from foundations, corporations, government and generous individuals.
The costs you can prepare for include transportation or childcare—expenses that take care of you so you can focus on your studies.
Q: What are job placement rates for graduates?
A: Over 70% of ActivateWork IT graduates are hired within 4 months of graduation. We have opportunities for job placement with a network of over 20 employer partners, but you're not obligated to work with an employer partner.