Tuition-Free Software Engineering Training
Begin your Software Engineering career learning the fundamentals through hands-on instruction covering core concepts and technologies.
Industry Recognized Certifications At No Cost
Free Technical Training in Only 15 Weeks
Software Engineering prepares you for the tech industry as an adept developer with a ready-to-present professional portfolio to share with potential employers and start your career in Web Development, App Development, and many more.
Professional Development Growth Opportunities
Our Career Coaches prepare you with the tools to secure a role in the tech sector. Beyond your resume and LinkedIn profile, the curriculum tunes into your Performance Index to develop your professional and leadership strengths.
You may qualify to become an ActivateWork IT Learner if you:
- Are aged 18 or older
- Have a High School diploma, equivalent, or higher
- Are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Live within commutable distance of the ActivateWork site
- Can read, write and speak in English
- Can attend classes full-time for the entire duration of the course
- Are able to start a full-time job after course completion
- Are ready to make an important commitment to building your future
*Women, youth, unemployed, underemployed and U.S. Veterans strongly encouraged to apply
Dates: Coming in Spring 2023.
Length: 15 Weeks
Schedule: M-F 9am-4pm
Location: Hybrid; Online instruction plus face-to-face Professional Development days
1. Submit an Eligibility Form.
2. Admissions Overview: Once you submit an Eligibility Form, you’ll be directed to our Admissions Overview registration page. During this virtual webinar, you’ll learn more about our admissions process and next steps.
3. Assessments: Each training requires either an academic assessment, tech assessment, or both. Information will be provided in detail at the Admissions Overview.
4. Interview: Individuals who meet the assessment score requirements will be invited to attend a behavioral interview.
5. Background Check: ActivateWork believes technology can create opportunities and is committed to ensuring applicants are set up to succeed beyond the training program. Using a fair and efficient platform through Checkr, applicants will receive a secure link, provide the necessary virtual consents and complete the required screening information. Background check results will be provided to both the applicant and ActivateWork.
6. Offer Letter: The Admissions team will review assessment scores and interview results and offer seats to eligible candidates.
Please note, this application process is very competitive and not all applicants will be accepted for our limited slots.
Q: What kind of jobs can I get after completing the Desktop Support course?
A: This course will prepare learners for early-career roles as a Junior Web Developer, Web Designer, App Developer, and more! Average base salaries start at $56,000+
Q: How can this course be free?
A: Most people who learn about us think: “Too good to be true.” We know it seems that way, but it’s true. Our services are provided at no cost to you, using funds we raise from foundations, corporations, government and generous individuals.
The costs you can prepare for include transportation or childcare—expenses that take care of you so you can focus on your studies.
Q: What are job placement rates for graduates?
A: Over 70% of ActivateWork IT graduates are hired within 4 months of graduation. We have opportunities for job placement with a network of over 20 employer partners, but you're not obligated to work with an employer partner.