REPORTS TO: Director of Career Development, ActivateWork
PAY RANGE: 50-60K/yr
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
ActivateWork is seeking a Career Coach to provide wraparound career development and job retention support to the clients we serve to prepare them for employment and promote their success post-placement.
The Career Coach will report to Director of Career Development at ActivateWork and will conduct regular one on one post-placement coaching sessions with individuals who have been hired with our employer partners, as well as individual career coaching sessions with participants who are completing the IT Support Course through ActivateIT Powered by Per Scholas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Meet individually with participants to provide career and job retention coaching using approved curriculum
- Assist with developing resumes and cover letters, identify readiness for employment and assist with the application and interview process
- Ensure timely reporting of candidate progress through the pipeline within database
- Meet regularly with coaching and business solutions teams to check in on candidates and participate in training
- Meet organizational key performance indicators (KPIs) regarding participant engagement and job retention
- Determining the personal and professional goals of individual clients and identifying potential challenges.
- Developing realistic and effective strategies toward realizing goals.
- Providing goal-oriented guidance and steps to success, as well as encouraging active participation.
- Facilitating follow-up sessions and integrating feedback.
- Performing progress assessments and utilizing motivation techniques.
- Encouraging clients by recognizing milestones and mitigating challenges that hinder progress.
- Promoting success-enhancing cognitive, psychological, and physical habits and routines.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field or equivalent practical experience may be considered
- Experience working in a mentoring, advising, counseling or coaching role
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, and trust building skills.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and Google Suite preferred
- Experience with marginalized (in poverty, justice involved, etc.) folks a plus
- Knowledge of trauma informed care and motivational interviewing skills are a plus
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are not afraid to make tough decisions or have tough conversations with clients
- You are data-driven, results-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You are a resourceful thinker.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn quickly.
- You are strong at managing your time and balancing multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at ActivateWork means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT Activate Work Inc.:
The mission of Activate Work Inc. is to help low-income individuals achieve economic freedom through the dignity of work. AWI grew out of Activate Workforce Solutions (AWS), a Public Benefit Corporation that was founded by Helen Young Hayes in 2016.
Learn more about Activate Work at https://www.activatework.com/.